About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Musings

- Rob has a job interview tomorrow!!! Cross your fingers and send positive vibes!!!

- I was asked to do some writing for a company. I am thinking about giving it a try. Maybe all these writing classes I am having to take in school will pay off!!!

- Last night was the first night back to class in 2 weeks. Our new term is starting and the classes seem good. I was excited to get back into the swing of things. The last 2 weeks have been driving me crazy with nothing to focus on!!!

- We are doing a "mini crop" at Just Scrappin'. If you haven't stopped by yet what the heck are you waiting for???? We have a 1 hour layout challenge going on tonite and let me tell you - if I can do a 1 hour layout then ANYONE can. I procrastinate so much it is a miracle I get anything done!!!

- We found wireless internet for my Mom and Dad. We are just waiting for the site survey which should be done today. It is painful with that blasted dial up. My Mom got a new computer about a year and a half ago and she doesn't do hardly anything with it because it takes 10 minutes for a page to pull up. No, I'm not exagerating!!! LOL Remember when I was going back and forth from Austin to Red Oak working on getting things set up for our move and was trying to post work via dial up- OMG painful!!! So hopefully we get that going this week and get her into the wide world of internet. She loves to see my work but she only gets to see it when they visit because she can't bring up my blog. Hopefully she'll be able to start checking my blog and seeing more of it more often - and maybe it just might inspire her!!!

- I made a mini card. I'm not sure on this card but it just kind of fell together. I had the scraps of the Autumn Leaves paper and saw the rub-on (notice I've changed my spelling of this for you Cristal....muah - funny story behind this) of Autumn and thought it would look good on it. Then I grabbed my favorite stamps, yes you know what they are..............Pink Cat Studio stamps, and I colored QT Hooty to match the colors on the patterned papers. I inked a little and that was about it. Again, a cute little card but not sure if I really like it or not.

Photobucket

OK, off to work on the challenges at the mini crop going on .............. where was that at again??? Oh yeah, JUST SCRAPPIN' Seriously, what the heck are you people waiting on??? This site is full of fun and most importantly - WE HAVE NO DRAMA!!! And we don't tolerate anyone coming in trying to create drama!!! It is a laid back place where we enjoy each others company, talent and friendship.

Have a great day!!!

Happy Scrappin'

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute little card Karen! Great job!!
Hugs,
Melissa

Taffy said...

Very kewl stuff!! :) I love your work!! :)

(p/s i'm Ziggs' friend, Val, from Mike's)

Georgina said...

oh what a darling mini card!!
good luck to Rob on the interview (let us know how it goes)
=)
and congrats on the writing thing! woo-hoo

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!