About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Friday!!!!

OK for some Friday is an exciting thing, for me, it is everday life in our household since I'm not working right now. I have to admit I am loving this SAHM stuff!!!

Well, as of this week I have finished my first term of school!!! YAY!!! Go me!!! As of right now I have a 4.0 GPA but my final for Med Law has not been recorded in the gradebook so that is still up in the air. I know I missed 7 out of 200 on that final so I am just waiting patiently to get the final grade!!! OK, not so patient but I can't make it happen any faster............LOL

So today is my day at Just Scrappin' to host a challenge. Since people don't seem to scrap themselves as often as they scrap everything else, I decided my challenge would be a ME challenge. So, if you need to do a ME page or just want to stop by and see what is going on please do so!!! We have quite a few challenges going on right now and you have until Wednesday the 8th to finish them all and upload - well, except for the 1 hour challenge on Tuesday and then you have, well, 1 hour!!! LOL

On to my challenge:

I want you to start out by making a list of the 5 things you like the LEAST about yourself or the 5 things you like the MOST about yourself or a combo of the two!!! Then, I want you to scrap your list in any fashion you see fit as long as you use ONLY one picture and that picture must be of YOURSELF!!!

Now I know this might be a difficult challenge for everyone – it was for me – but all I ask is that you give it a try. The only stipulation for this challenge is that you include 5 things you like the least, 5 things you like the most or a combo of the 2 AND the only one picture on the page is of you– that is it!!!

The prize for this challenge will be a K&Co. Accordion Book Kit (over 225 pieces in it) AND some of the sticker stash I cleaned out!!! Plus whatever else I may throw in there as I have a good box of stuff I’m working on purging!!!

My page is titled:

5 Things About Me

The tags say:

I love that I’m very trusting and forgiving – but I hate this too. I seem to get hurt a lot!!

I hate that I faint at the sight of my own blood or a needle!!

I love my addictive personality when it comes to some things but it sure is a curse for other things!!!

I hate that I scream and run like a girl when I see a mouse!!

I love that I can be happy no matter where I am at as long as I have my family!!


And now for my LO:

Photobucket

Oh, wanna know about the picture??? I tried something different and printed it onto Bazzill textured cardstock – I really like the effect!!!

Materials List:

CS = Bazzill
PP = Cherry Arte
Overlay = Hambly
Ribbon = Misc From Stash
Flowers = American Crafts, Fancy Pants
Rub-on = Cherry Arte
Tags = K&Co. covered with Bazzill CS
Thickers = American Crafts

If you join in on this challenge outside of the site link back here with your creation and I'll send out a little prize to one lucky poster!!!

Off to play and scrap today!!! Happy Scrappin' ya'll!!!!

6 comments:

de said...

Hi Karen! I know you said you were playing with your Blog but you can't read any text on it now...

I LOVE your page tho! Wish I had time to participate in the challenge but I still need to do SBS 21s challenge I posted! Ugh.

Love love love your page!

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

I love it!!!

Bamabel said...

Lovin the challenge gf! And you lo is awesome! Happy Friday and go girl on your tests! That rox!!!

Georgina said...

Karen, this LO is STUNNING!!! I love everything about it!!! great job!! =)

Mary said...

What a wonderful page! Love the colors and textures from the colors, papers, and embellishments!!! Love this! You are so inspirational!

Heather said...

Love this Lo and colouring Karen - brilliant.
Love the photo printed on Bazzill -I've printed on to textured but never Bazzill I must try this. Did you use white card?
Heahter xxx

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!