About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ditziness.........

...........at it's best!!!

Well, I am in two swaps at Just Scrappin' - Christmas Recipe Swap and Altered Christmas Gift Tag Swap. Well they are both going on simultaneously and I got just a little bit confused........well, OK a lot confused. I was thinking the recipe swap was due on the 20th and the tags were due on the 31st - yeah, NO!!! I had it backwards - I even wrote it down on my dry erase board backwards!!! So, my recipe cards have been done and packaged up and on their way but my tags, well, I'm in the dog house and running behind.

So the recipe cards have been done and are on their way to Jenny to perform the swap nice and early but.........I am trying to finish up my tags!!! Aymee is going to kill me but hopefully she'll have mercy on me because I can come up with a TON of excuses and stressors that are going on right now!!!! So I tried finishing up the last 5 today so I could get them in the mail. Actually I tried to do them this evening because I spent today working on my expository essay for school. Of course it was after all the stores are closed when I realized my cutting pads for my Sizzix are just so worn out and totally unusable - they are leaving indents of previous cuts on my current cuts!!! GGGGRRRRR. I was sure I had another set so I went on the hunt - NOPE - I have another cutting platform but the pads didn't come with it - why would you sell a platform with no pads????? So, tomorrow I have to get up early and run to JoAnn's to pick up new pads so I can finish them.

I did want to give you a sneak peek though of 4 of them - these are my favs but I am thinking the last 5 I am working on will replace these but we'll see!!!

Photobucket

I have others finished but don't want to spoil all the surprises for my swap girls!!!


In other news........................

.................I've been asked to be a guest Card DT member at a site for the month of November. I am really excited and honored to get to do this!!! I am not sure if I can spill the beans just yet but as soon as I know when I can I will most def share!!!

I also was asked to write a few scrappy articles reviewing products or giving how to's on products to be published for a scrapbook store website. The best part - if they like my first article and they publish it I will get paid and then ask to contribute additional articles for pay!!! I guess my writing classes in college are going to pay off finally because the type of essay we are focusing on in this class is an expository essay which is just facts - no opinions - just cold, hard facts about the topic. I did have to complete my thesis today and am I feeling the pressure!!! I am a decent writer when I want to be but when I have rules and techniques that I must follow - well, I stress!!!

I believe that is all I have to show tonite!!! Have a great day and scrappy dreams!!!


Happy Scrappin'!!!

3 comments:

Bamabel said...

Karen...these little tags are sooo cute!!!!! And congrats on the dt! You rock sista!

AND...I dropped a little something in the mail for ya today..so keep a sharp eye out! ;)

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

cute tags!
I know you will do famously at the articles--good luck!

Georgina said...

WOW Karen you are a busy girl!
these tags are absolutely adorable!! I just love that little owl!! =)

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!