About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's that time..........

................for our DT card reveals at Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketches. As always, the team has shown their amazing talent with everything done!! I am always so inspired to scrap right after a layout and card reveal!!! Please make sure you stop by and check out everyone's work and leave some love!!!

Here is my card:

Photobucket


Based on Deanne's sketch:

Photobucket

If you look close you can see that her eyes are really the little googlie eyes. I double stamped the image and cut out the glasses to place over top of them so there is a little movement when the card is moved. One of my favorite things to do is double stamp and layer and adding these googlie eyes just made me giddy!!! LOL

Here is my materials list for this card:

CS = Bazzill
PP = Autumn Leaves
Image = Pink Cat Studios
Ink = StazOn Timber Brown
Die Cut & Embossing Folder = Cuttlebug
Stickles = Mint Ice
Flowers = Prima
Pearls = Mark Richards
Googlie Eyes = Misc Stash
Copics = Y02, BG23, RV11, E25, YG11

Last reveal I offered up a blog RAK to anyone who used Deanne's sketch as inspiration and posted the link here and on her blog. I didn't get much response from that - well, no response to be honest - so I thought I'd give it a shot one more time. If you like to make cards then take a few minutes and whip one up using her fabulous sketch here and I'll put everyone's name that links it here and to the Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketches post of our reveal into random.org for a little scrappy prize!!!

I have some errands to do today and then I hope when I get home I can get scrap happy - my head is just flowing with ideas after the last 2 days of releases so I need to put them into action or they'll be lost forever!!! LOL

Have a great day!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!


PS Elf Creations had a yummy blog candy going on through this Friday!!! Stop off and enter!!!

5 comments:

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

love the eyes and glasses,how cute is that little owl!!!

Kristie W. said...

What a cute card! The owl is adorable!

Georgina said...

OMGosh!! SUPER cute Karen!! I love the little owl! =) WTG girl!

Tiff said...

LOVE your take on the sketch! This is fun!

Sam said...

Fantastic card Karen, love the googly eyes!
Sam x

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!