About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Fun Layout

This layout was quite fun to do!!! I love to cut and add dimension so this one thrilled me. It took me forever to do though with all the cutting and stickling but I feel it was well worth it - what do you think??

Here are the papers before I started cutting on them:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Here is the finished layout:

Photobucket

And here are some close ups of some of the detail:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK what looks green is really Crystal stickles that for some reason picked up the green hue when I took the pics. I tried several angles and the same each time.

Materials List:

Stickles = Crystal & Xmas Red
Gems = Prima
PP = Cherry Arte
Journaling Block = Teresa Collins
Heart = Grungeboard painted w/ MM White & Distressed w/Tim Holtz Fired Brick & Tea Dye Distressing Inks
Chain & Charm = Tim Holtz
Ribbon = Misc from Stash

I did finish another card but it won't be revealed until the 11/2 so be on the lookout for a card reveal on 11/2 for my DT assignment at Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketeches and then the other reveal on 11/22 for my guest DT for the month of November!!!

Off to work on another layout!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!

5 comments:

de said...

Ewwww, I really love these pages! They are beautiful!

Barbara said...

Love the embellishing and details....WOW!! So beautiful...I can see why you spent so much time making this layout....very beautiful!

Let's Scrap Design Team said...

great work karen!

Bamabel said...

Gf...it is just gorgeous! I missed ya and was thinkin' of ya so I had to pop in! Love the LO! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my word Karen this LO is delishious, I adore what you have done here....I bet it also looks amazing in real life too!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!