About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Long & Short Of It!!!

The weekend was a long time coming but way too short I tell ya!!! Rob and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday. It has been an amazing 6 years of wedded bliss!!! I can't wait til we hit the 60 year mark!!!

On Friday we were trying to figure out what to do for our anniversary on a budget. We decided we were going to just cook dinner together and have a family sit down dinner. On Saturday morning our plans were changed as my parents called and asked if we would come down for the weekend. They ended up taking us out to dinner at the local cafe - which by the way is no cafe, it is an awesome restaraunt!!! Everyone had the chicken fried steak except me and I had chicken fingers. It was a great dinner and I was so thankful for them for asking us down JUST to take us out. We had a great evening afterwards as well. Knowing my parents go to bed early we planned to go to the drive in down there. We went with some friends of mine and they chose the movies - remidn me to NOT let them do that again!!! LOL We saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua and WallE - BHC wasn't so bad but I was ready to shoot myself watching WallE!!! I really don't know what anyone saw in that movie - maybe it is just me and Rob and Cait and Dylan (LOL) - but it was the worst movie I've seen in a long time!!!

On Sunday we came back home and Rob was the sweetest thing ever!!! We usually go to fondue for our anniversary every year - I love it - but this year we had to scale back with all the changes in the last couple months. So we got home and I came to check in on my classes and he told me to stay in my room until he came to get me. He made me fondue!!! Yep, you read that right!!! Rob made ME fondue!!! Usually it is me making the fondue at home but he made the most awesome cheddar fondue I have ever had!!! I am not just saying that either - it was so delicious!!! I told him now I want HIM to make the fondue all the time!!! LOL

I did manage to finish up a layout last night. I based this layout on a sketch challenge at Just Scrappin'. The pictures used are not the best quality as I scanned them from old Polaroid shots. When I say old, yes, I mean old. The Polaroid shots are about 35 years old and of me!!! The lady in the one is my grandmother. These pics were taken when they gave me my first pancake to eat all by myself!!! It looks tasty and like I had some fun!!!

Photobucket

Materials List:

PP = Pink Paislee Pop Fashion Collection
CS = Bazzill
Felt Strip = Kaiser
Border Strip = Bazzill
Flowers = Prima
Brads = Heidi Swapp
Thickers = American Crafts
Stickles = Fruit Punch
Large Button = We R Memory Keepers

Tonite I have started my new term at school with taking another writing class - we all know how much I hate to write....LOL - and my Medical Terminology class. I hope to keep my 4.0 GPA going so lots of studying will be going on and most likely a little less scrappy time!!!

Class is just starting so I best get off here and get into class!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary Karen! Sounds like you both had a great time! I miss going to the drive-ins... some of my favorite family memories were had there. Did you get any pics to crop? Drive-ins are becoming extinct... it's sad.

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!