About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally, it's Friday!!!

Not like I have the busiest of schedules ya know, but there is just something about Fridays!!! The kids will be out of school for the weekend which always thrills me!!! I love hanging out with my kids. I know one day they aren't gonna want to hang out with "the parents" so I take advantage of it while I can.

This weekend is mine and Rob's 6th wedding anniversary. Granted we've been together a little over 9 years but we finally tied the knot 6 years ago as of the 19th. It has been a great and rewarding although sometimes adventurous 6 years but I wouldn't trade it for anything!! He is my true love, soul mate and man of my dreams - yeah, mushy I know but it's true!!!

Last night I finished up all the recipes cards for the swap at Just Scrappin'. You can see the sample one from a post a few days ago here. My original intentions were to use this darling QuicKutz penguin die I had but his belly wasn't big enough for the recipe so I switched out to the build a snowman from Stampendous. I like how they turned out - sure hope my swap group does as well!!!

I had a card featured with a couple ladies yesterday over at the Pink Cat Studios Blog which naturally thrilled me to death. Then this morning I woke up to yet ANOTHER card posted!!! It is one of my fav in a while and was made with my sister in law in mind because she is a Halloween baby!!! I wonder if she gets tired of the Halloween/birthday cards each year???

Last year I made her this one:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The front of the cauldron says: "Witchin' You a.........." And then inside of course it says "Happy Birthday"

I think our weekend is gonna be pretty calm as we have NO plans for once!!! I was supposed to go to a crop tonite but just don't feel up to it so I am cancelling. Maybe in a couple weeks but I'm really tired today and not feeling myself. Hopefully after a nap this afternoon I will feel a little better and we can play some Rock Band or Guitar Hero this evening and through the weekend.

I do have a couple projects on my list that I want to tackle scrap wise. I need to finish up my tags for a swap I am in and then finish up Dylan's 16th birthday LO and do some Christmas cards for the challenges over at Christmas Cards All Year Round - if you haven't checked it out you should. Some great inspiration for getting your cards ready for the holidays!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

4 comments:

de said...

Karen, love this! Great job!

Georgina said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY --congrats!! =) have a great weekend!!
I love that witchy card you made.. it's DARLING!!! =)

Angie Moses said...

VERY cute! I love that bubbling pot on that card! looks cool

Bamabel said...

How cute is this!!!

Happy Anniversary to darlin'! :)

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!