About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Week Has Gone By.................

...................and no posts from me!!! Well, let's see...................Last Wednesday morning I woke up with a migraine and a sick kiddo. Yep, Cait had strept throat AGAIN!!! Took her to the doc for RX and for an RX for that migraine of mine - it was worse than I ever remember having one. I finally woke up yesterday, Sunday that is (yeah I know you can figure it out but I'm trying to emphasize the number of days I had that blasted migraine) and it was gone! I've had a mild sinus headache today due to allergies but NOTHING like the migraine I was living with for 4 days!!!

On Saturday I ventured out - headache and all - to a Copic class. I've had these fabulous markers since mid 2008 and didn't know how to fully utilize them with the blending and such. I have tried, and at times I do OK but I wanted to really learn how to use them to make yummy cards like some I see on the internet. I met Jen Del Muro, who was our class instructor for the day, and learned some great techniques that will hopefully let me use my Copics much better - I know my images haven't been horrible. I was looking for a way to reduce how flat they look - give them more depth and a realistic feel (well, as realistic as a stamped hedgehog can be).

We made three cards in the class. The first two are very simple and you don't really see a lot of blending/graduation of color but they were fun and the covered the basics. After those we took a break then came back for a more advanced look at blending. The third card, which is my fav of the 3, uses the 2 and 3 color blending and I just love it - well, except for my splotchiness on the vase but eh, I am working on that!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


My first attempt at blending is with this card. I took a lot of time on it even though it isn't perfect. I focused on the tires and the jeep for the color graduation this time. I don't want to overdo it with the blending and such on the images especially since I am learning. I figure if I try to do an entire image I'll end up wasting paper because I know I will make little mistakes and then end up trashing the whole thing. So, Jeepy Girl by Stamping Bella was my first venture at using my Copics in a new way.

Photobucket


I also used a sketch by Jen Del Muro - check out her blog for her Saturday sketch challenges.


Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin!!!!

3 comments:

Jen del Muro said...

Love your cards! Please keep in touch! Thanks for playing the sketch! Hugs-Jd

Karen said...

Great cards Karen. Hope you and Cait are feeling better.

Love Karen (UK) xxx

Cardinal said...

You really should check your email more often. I thougth i was bad sheesh

Bill

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!