About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Style

Well, Cristal at Just Scrappin' challenged us to scrap basically our style - nothing fancy, just what we feel is our standard. Since I tend to vary from LO to LO it was difficult for me to pinpoint what my style is but looking at the LO's I've done since the start of the year I saw a few things: lots of flowers, minimal pics (rarely more than 2), bling and lots of patterned paper. Another thing that has become more me is working from sketches - they really do give me a starting point instead of me sitting around for hours staring at the pics and papers trying to figure out what the heck I'm gonna do. So, I found a sketch that I totally loved over at Creatively Yours this week and I used that sketch to help me scrap my style!!!

Tell me what ya think!!!

Photobucket


These pics are of my Mom back then and now - I left the journaling spot blank as I want to get a better time frame of the first pic and some thoughts from her to include on it!!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!!!!

5 comments:

Ali said...

WOW Karen! TY for interpretating Noella's Sketch #52 in such an awesome manner. It's just so lovely. GREAT STYLE!!!The colours and vintage pic really MAKE this Lo... Off to send your link to Noella!! TY again~ Ali

Georgina said...

Oh my!!! this is a beautiful LO Karen!!! the colors are beautiful!! definitely YOUR style =) you're SO good!!! =)

Merrilee said...

What a gorgeous, richly coloured layout! Love the bling swirls and the flowers!

Beth said...

you rocked the sketch! love the vintage photos too.

Ann said...

Oh Wow!! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the bling. Wow!!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!