About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet Treats & Cute Card Thursday

Hi all!!! I was asked to guest DT at Cute Card Thursday this week and next and am so honored and thrilled to play along with them!!! Our challenge this week was Candy Corn (or sweets themed projects). I have utilized my little Magnolia Tilda w/Ladybug once again by popping a pumpkin on her hand to cover the ladybug to make her a Halloween themed image this week (last week she was a Christmas image and her normal ladybug self......lol). I really love this image because she is really just so versatile but don't think I'm not NEEDING more images just gotta wait a little longer before I can indulge myself!!!

Anywho, my project for Cute Card Thursday isn't a card but a treat bag for Halloween treats!!! I would just love to take credit for this little bag but I got the idea from Diana Gibbs over at the SCS galleries and followed her tutorial for the Box In A Bag to make it - this is a very simple bag making it quick and easy to make!!!

My treat bag:

Photobucket

and Copics used:

Photobucket


This little bag is also used for two additional entries: Paper Garden Projects Design Team Call and my DT submission for Charisma Cardz. Each month Carly hosts a challenge for the DT and this month she is looking for favor boxes for her upcoming wedding in 2010. I thought this little treat box would be versatile enough to use as you can change the size and it would easily hold whatever you needed with the open top.

I'm really digging these little bags so I plan on using them for more real soon - I have so many ideas on how I can transform them by using punches and much more!!!

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin' - and if you make one of the Bag In A Box treat bags I'd love to see it!!!

1 comment:

dolcreations said...

This is awesome! I love this little bag! What a great idea. Your colouring is beautiful!
Christine

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!