About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Charisma Cardz & Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 84 - Midnight Marghueritas! (Cocktails/Drinks theme)

I know, enough already with the easel cards!!! But I really can't seem to help myself!! I think I've done one "normal" card since making the first easel card because I am just hooked on them!! Well for both my challenges being posted today I am using the easel card and I will try (key word is try) to not do anymore (that I post at least) for a bit!!!

My first card is for the challenge over at Charisma Cardz!!! We were challenged by Jan to use no use no designer papers! AGH!! I mean come on, how many times have I never used a DP for a project - well, to be honest only when I am told I can't otherwise there is always DP on my stuff!! I was a bit challenged with this one - really, I was - as I kept reaching for my DP to use and then would remember no no no you can't!! I finally managed to come up with this little card by embossing with my Cuttlebug folder to give it the feel of DP for me!!

My card:

Photobucket


So this week I am saying farewell to my guest DT spot at Cute Card Thursday. I must admit I have had a great time the past two weeks creating with these amazingly talented ladies! My farewell theme really tickled me:

Challenge 84 ~ Midnight Marghueritas! (Cocktails/Drinks theme)

as anyone who knows me knows I love love love a good Margarita so this challenge was perfect for me!!! I chose to alter my image by combining again - I think this has become my favorite past time and my favorite challenge to myself............LOL. I chose my Cosmobella stamp for the drink theme because I just love this girl and then the sentiment is one I picked up at a stamp store in Fort Worth as they were closing and we were getting ready to move. I added the Santa hat by stamping Merrybella and cutting it off her head - OUCH!! HA HA HA, sorry I crack myself up sometimes! Anywho, the papers are some old ones I found in my stash from Creative Imaginations and I wonder now why I never used them - I just love them, maybe that is why as I tend to horde everything I really like (let's not get started on the BG stash of papers I had when we moved in 2008 ugh!!!).

The layout inspiration for this came from Sketch Saturday this week - I just loved this sketch and knew I could make it work for this card so well!!! Ok, enough of my yapping - time for my "eat, drink & be merry" Cosmobella w/Santa Hat!!!

My card - I did multiple angles hoping I could give you a good look at the entire card:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and Copics used:

Photobucket

I hope you stop by Cute Card Thursday and join in on the fun this week - let them know I sent you over and def come back and show me your project for this week!

As always, thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

Allison said...

two fab cards
Allisonx

Suzanne said...

Wow Love both these cards especially the Cosmobella, Those papers are yummy and I love the easel card design. Do you know of any tutorials on how to make one? I'd like to give it a try.
Cheers! hugs Sue xx

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!