About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Mojo & House Mouse!

I saw the challenge over at House Mouse was white on white. I used to flip out when I would be told I couldn't use anything but white cardstock but I am actually becoming quite comfortable with it. I can admit that I don't think it is as pretty as other stuff I do with all the color but it is growing on me. When I saw they wanted white on white my little bride couple House Mouse stamp popped into my head because when I think of white I think of weddings. I stamped the House Mouse on white cardstock, colored it in, used my Sakura white gel pen to "color" in the veil even though you can't tell it here and then my Sakura purple gel pen to add a couple highlights to the cummerbund and tie. For the design of the card I used the Mojo Monday card sketch. I cut 1 inch strips of white cardstock, ran them through my Frills CB embossing folder then used a light purple chalk to shade the raised areas...........oh yeah, I chalked the background of the couple too hoping it would make it pop out a little more - not really sure if it worked or not. I added ribbon and some flowers that I got from the wedding section of Hobby Lobby for half price - a bunch of these were regularly $.99 so they were $.50 and there are 12 flowers on them and if you wanted to take them apart and use gems or something else for centers you could have 24 flowers - plus they are just really pretty!!

Enough yapping - here is my card:


Photobucket


and the Copics and Sakura gel pens I used:


Photobucket


Thanks for stoppin' by and if you venture out to try white on white let me know, I'd love to see how it comes out!!! Happy Scrappin'!!!

6 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

oh very cute! It looks great!

Carol said...

So cute!

Kray said...

Karen, that is so cute! I really do need to get some of the copic markers!

Rachel said...

very cute!!
hugs,
Rachel

Sue said...

Aww gorgeous card Karen, they are soo cute, sue.x

gerdsf said...

Wow!! This card is so cute. White on white works really good. :D

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!