About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Charisma Cardz Thursday Reveal

WOOHOO!! It is that time! Did I mention I love Mondays and Thursdays? They are my two reveal days for the DT's I am on and I am always so excited to showcase the new challenge for the week!

This week at Charisma Cardz we were challenged to create from a sketch!! Now I totally love love love sketches so this was right up my alley. The sketch is posted over at Charisma so go check it out and play along with us this week! I did flip a few things on the sketch to make it work for what I wanted to create but I tried to stick as close to it as I could.

Photobucket

Now, you are probably wondering what the heck was yesterday's post about, I don't see a paper bag! Well, yes you do! My card is made from a paper bag this week as I combined my DT challenge with the Just Magnolia monthly challenge!!

So here is the bag I started with - yep, the same pic from yesterday:

Photobucket


Now silly me didn't think to take pics as I was making it to show the stages of creation - typical of me!!! LOL But, here are pics of the completed bag card:


Front:

Photobucket


Open:

Photobucket


Open - left page:

Photobucket


Open - right page, left blank for me to write a little note on when I send it out:

Photobucket


The right page pull out - this is the mouth of the bag and I made a pocket to put stamped images in for my recipient:

Photobucket


And, just so you know it is a paper bag, the back:

Photobucket


When I put the ribbons on the inside to tie showing on the front I sewed a seam to keep them in place so that is the stitching you see on the back.

I hope you like it and hey, give it a try! The funny part is I used to make the paper bag mini albums (years ago) and I forgot about them but now, I have so many ideas flowing to use these on!!!

The most asked question I get is what colors do you use on the images you color? Well, I have my Copic markers sitting in front of me:

Photobucket

And I kind of just grab, doodle to find out if the color is a.) right for the papers and b.) the coordinating color. As you can see, I took the pic after I finished coloring so I rubber banded the colors I used on my image and I even left my paper that I check colors on nearby so you can a partial glimpse of my process.

Photobucket

I hope this kind of helps out those who have emailed me - I will try to do better on each image I color by snapping a pic of the colors I use each time but if I forget please forgive me as my desk usually looks like a tornado went through it right after coloring..LOL

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks really good, all from a paper bag! LOL amazing! BTW Texas is to fucking hot! I am just saying LOL

peggysue said...

Great sentiment for your creation. Thanks for sharing your choice of marker colors, that's something I always wonder too.

Bev said...

What a fabulous project! The colours and details are gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us this month xuperi

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!