About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Knock Knock.........

...................Who's there?

Photobucket




Photobucket




OK OK OK yeah, I know - Karen you are so flippin' corny!!! What can I say!!! This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we were challenged to "Tell/Show Me Something Funny" and as soon as I saw the theme this popped in my head!!! It was most likely because I had just recently worked with the Lime Rickey papers by BG and the little birds were just so cute that I was trying to figure out what I was gonna do with them...........well, now you have it!! I used the Frills border embossing folders on the top and bottom of the tag and then on the library pocket font I used Spots & Dots embossing folder. Lime Rickey papers as mentioned along with the alphas and bird that came with it. The one thing I added that makes me giggle every time is the googlie eyes with eyelashes. Thanks to Cait for suggesting googlie eyes when I was finishing up. I added a little bling to every other raised spot on the Frills border embossing as well.

I made a library pocket and tag and voila - easy peasy lemon squeezy!! I started a little tutorial on how to make the library pockets but then I realized it wasn't that hard so I nix'd it. But, if you would like measurements just leave me a message here and I'll send them to ya!!!

PS: I've gotten several emails about my bread and cinnamon rolls asking for the recipe. I have to tell you, after all these years of trying to make bread and failing unless it has been the premixed boxes you buy at the store I can tell you first hand that if I can do it, you can!!! The recipe is so simple to follow and doesn't require anything crazy or out of the ordinary. If you'd like to get the recipe just check out The Simple Dollar and follow the easy steps and before you know it, fresh homemade bread by YOU!!!! For cinnamon rolls I just rolled the dough out, mixed butter & cinnamon into a paste, spread it on, rolled up the dough, cut into circles, let rise the 2nd time and baked at 350 for about half an hour if I remember right!!

As always, thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!!!

4 comments:

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

oh he is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen, that's so cute! I love knock-knock jokes!

scrappin_mom3 said...

It's not corny --it's totally cute and I love it!! what a great idea gf!!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Karen this is so cute it brought a big smile to my face! Great design!
Juliexx

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!