About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Exciting Announcement!!!!

WOW!!! I am in shock and so tickled!! Little did I know that when I said in my post this morning announcing the end of the DT at Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketches about all good things come to an end and new doors DO open that it would be today!!!

I went for an interview with the University of New Mexico and came home a little down as I was told flat out that it was an extremely competitive market right now at the University but there were lots of positions open and/or opening and thousands of applicants and interviews going on. I was given a lot of good info though and was told to apply for EVERYTHING that I knew I was qualified for AND even for stuff that I was not totally sure on and let them do the deciding on whether I am fully qualified or not. So anywho, I came home not as excited as when I left because I just didn't feel "it" if you know what I mean. Well, my mood QUICKLY changed when I got an email from Carly at Charisma Cardz!!!! I have been asked to be a temp DT member while Leanne gets moved to Dubai!!! How exciting is that???

Here's the banner and link for the site, I hope you will all come play with us!!!!

Charisma Cardz



Now this isn't a permanent position over there at this time but, it is for the next 8 to 10 weeks while she is getting settled in and internet access set up. I'm really excited and had to share - I really hope you will find time to come play with us!!!

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!!!!

6 comments:

Naomi Ockeman said...

congrats!!
thats just awesome!!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful, congrats to you.

Unknown said...

WOOHOO Congrats Karen!!!!

Nilda Rockenbach said...

congrats Karen. awesome news.

Allison said...

well done to you- same happened to me and I was dancing about the room.... looking forward to working with you and seeing your wonderful creations
AllisonX

Roxy said...

Congrats! and welcome to the team :)

Roxy

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!