About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sruprise a Friend Challenge

How many times have we thought about sending something to someone out of the blue just to cheer them up and get sidetracked and not get it done??? For me, ALL THE TIME!!!! I have so many things that I want to send to people (and shoot me if you want to, prizes that need to STILL be mailed) but I get to doing other things and well, they don't make it back to the top of the priority list for a week or so.

Well, Cristal at JS challenged us to surprise a friend. It doesn't take much to let someone know you are thinking of them and they are special. We all love to feel special right??? I chose a young lady on our board who is just that, a young lady. She is 16 and the daughter of one of my fellow scrappers. I love to see her work because you can tell from her LO's that she has fun with what she has done. So, I chose Ms. Ally!!!

Here is what I made for her:

Photobucket

I used some older Crate Paper I had stashed and had been hoarding away for something special!!! Her mom told me she loves the color purple and thought the purple on this paper and the ribbon were just gorgeous!!!! You can't tell it from the picture but I painted the spine with Making Memories Amethyst shimmery paint. The flowers are from Bazzill and the brad is Paper Studio.

I still have a few more things to make to send out so hopefully Saturday morning (Monday at the latest) I can get to the post office and mail off, oh, I think, um 5 packages!!! No, when I finish the other 2 things I'm making that will make 7 packages - see, I told you I was horrible with remembering to mail stuff off!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!!

Over and out ya'll....................

Photobucket

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man that is soooooo super cute! I love the Crate paper line too!

Barbara said...

Karen.....I LOVE IT!!
Don't you know that this gal is going to be SO HAPPY!
You're such a thoughtful sistah. ;-)

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

oh how sweet are you!!!!

Mary said...

Karen, this is just beautiful! Love the cheery colors and the glitters!

Beth Gruenke said...

Karen,
She's going to love this. I know I would!!!! What a thoughtful gift and something she can cherish. Beth G. :)

Trinka said...

Wow...this person is going to love this journal. You did a great job~

Dawny P said...

Bet she loves this!! It is gorge xxxx

Nicky said...

Wow Karen this is great. Just wanted to let you know that I have an Award for you on my Blog. Love your work.
nicky xox

de said...

I love this!

I'm a fellow SBS #21 sistah! Love your creations!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!