About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Couple Things

First off, remember back in March I think it was that Cait was one of the top 5 in the Adornit Teen Chix teen challenge??? Well, she got her prize pack in mid May and got to work on it. Cait sent her work in a couple weeks ago and they updated the blog with some of it. Check out the Adornit Teen Chix site when you get a chance. I'm so proud of her - she is such a blooming scrapper and to think - this month will be exactly one year since I converted her to a crafter!!!! Great job darling!!!

This layout is an entry for the Just Scrappin' July Monthly Challenge. Cristal challenged us to use shaped paper but NOT store bought shaped papers. So, I broke out my Little Yellow Bicycle papers in Vita Bella along with my new Threading Water punch by Fiskars and got started. The colors of the paper really made me think that I needed a water picture. But Cait used one of the awesome ones we got from our road trip and I didn't feel like using it again so soon so I decided I'd do my Diva Daisy in another LO - heck she's gonna need her own album before too long!!! LOL Anywho the bling is from Me and My Big Ideas Icon sets, the white lace is from Making Memories Fresh Anthology Sydney set, the flowers are Prima and the quote is from the Vita Bella CS quote set that matches the papers. It is hard to see but I also used Tim Holtz Distressing ink in Weathered Wood on the photo mat. It is kind of hard to read but the title is Daisy Paddlin' (ya know, doggie paddlin'.....LOL, I'm corny I know!!!).

This LO was based off the sketch over at Sisterhood of Scrap. As I started working on my LO I remembered seeing the sketch this evening when I was doing my normal blog trolling and thought it would work perfect for this LO. So, without further delay:

Photobucket

For all you lurkers out there leave me a comment to let me know you've been here!!! I see so many states and countries on my tracker in the sidebar but you are all so shy!!! Speak up and say hi - I love to chat!!!

Thanks for stopping by again.........happy scrappin' and over and out ya'll!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Hey, just went to check Cait's LOs and projects out, very cool!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!