About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lots Of Stuff

Wow, lots to report since Sunday.

First, we spent Monday at Schlitterbahn with my friend Jenn. Her and I have been great friends since the 4th grade (many years ago...lol). She now lives in Connecticut so I don't get to see her too often. We had a fab time and were able to reminisce quite a bit!!! Here is a pic of us:

Photobucket

Love ya Jenn!!!

Then today, I had to post my card challenge for the first half of July. I decided to do an ad/cover inspiration. I chose this old magazine cover:

Photobucket

I loved the feel of this cover!!! I was totally inspired by that red hat!!!

Here is what I created:

Photobucket

I love my PCS stamps so much and Lily is just so fun to play with!!! Oh and little did I realize that this card also fits the design team challenge on the PCS blog until I went to check the blog for any possible sneak peaks for the July stamps!!! So I managed to kill 2 birds (no offense Tweet) with 1 stone!!!

And last but not least..................

........................................

........................................

***drumroll***

........................................

Rob and I bought a new car today!!! It is a Pontiac Torrent and I just love it!!!



I believe that is all my excitement for the day!!!

Over and out ya'll.............happy scrappin'!!!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh, I love your Lily & Tweet card!! The sparkles and pearls are fabulous darling!! Congrats on the new car!!

Caitlin Russell said...

Love the card!! It's too cute and love the car as well! MUAH!

-Cait

Unknown said...

woohoo! I adore that card and how fun with the new car!

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

Congrats on the car, I work in a GM garage so I know how schaweet they are!!!
Love the cards and sounds like you had a fabu time!!! We sooooo need to find a retreat half way between us!!

mueppi said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut!!!!!!!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!