About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Christmas in July at Just Scrappin'

There is still time to jump in on the Christmas in July challenge that I am hosting at Just Scrappin'!!! It is a 3 week long challenge to help us get started on our Christmas cards for the season - yeah I know it is way early but this year is just flying by so fast already, if I don't get started now I will not have cards done by then!!!!

So my week 1 challenge was fairly easy. I wanted the girls to create 2 cards using chipboard - no other restrictions as long as they were Christmas themed and had some chipboard on them somewhere.

Here are the girls submissions:



I decided I was going to do a prize for this round as well as the grand prize. The winner for round 1 was Ziggy - I loaded all the girls names who submitted work for round 1 and let random.org choose the winner for me - there was no way I could judge these!!!!

List Randomizer

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Zig
2. Tracyj
3. Cristal
4. Sandra
5. Cherrie
6. Aymee
7. Ally
8. Carol

Timestamp: 2008-07-15 00:59:12 UTC

So, congrats Zig!!!!

Here is the prize pack I put together for round 1 for Ziggy!!!

Photobucket

Pattern Paper is double sided by Webster, Ribbon and Brads are by Making Memories, Chipboard is by KI Memories and flowers by Bazzill!!!!

I just posted round 2's challenge tonite. Make sure you come on over and play along with us - who knows what random prize will be given away with round 2, well I do but you have to join JS to find out more!!!

Happy Scrappin'...........over and out ya'll!!!


Photobucket


PS The grand prize for the challenge is a set of clear, Christmas stamps I picked up at Hobby Lobby:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really nice cards! Love the prizes also :-)

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!