About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Scrapping Christmas in July Challenge Submissions Round 2

All I can say is WOW!!! I've been WOW'd time and again by these ladies at Just Scrappin' !!!!

So, we just finished up with round two.  The challenge was to make gift card holders for the holidays!!!  Well, I don't know about the gift card but these holders are just priceless!!!  Take a look at the fabulous work the girls submitted!!!!







So now we are into the 3rd and final round!!!  Can I hear a HOORAH!!!  You girls who have played along have been such great sports by indulging me with Christmas goodies during the hottest part of the year in most places.  I have so appreciated you and enjoyed seeing your creations!!!

Now, the 3rd and final round:

So, how many of us get a bunch of Christmas greeting cards each year from friends and family and would love to keep every card and display them each year but find it just not feasible???  Most people just toss the cards out each year and forget what you sent right??  Well, I want to change that.  I love making these because they are so cute, versatile and last throughout the years.

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to make me three (3) holiday greeting cards on old CD's!!!  Yes, you heard me right, CD's.  Think about it, a CD is sturdy and can withstand storage.  If we decorate a CD on one side or heck, even both, and then put our name/family and the year on it and send it as a greeting our recipients can place them on their trees and have beautiful handmade decorations along with a warm greeting from loved ones!!!!

So, you have until Sunday night, midnight CST to get these 3 CD greetings made and uploaded to the thread over at Just Scrappin'.  Each one MUST use a CD, a hangar (ribbon, string, fiber, paper clip, whatever), at least 3 jewels and a greeting of sorts!!!!

Here are my samples, thanks for looking and I can not wait to see your creations:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As always, Happy Scrappin' and thank you for stopping by!!!  Please remember to leave me a comment to let me know you were here!!!

Over and out ya'll..................................

PS - You know I always put a picture of some sort at the bottom of my posts.  Each month I usually pick a theme or one thing and go with it, well this month is obviously cows in honor of my new blog background that I made.  Normally, the pics are simple - but I found these two that I just HAD to share!!!  I hope you enjoy and hope no one gets offended!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work!

arlene,
West Bremerton florist

Bamabel said...

Hey Karen! These cards look so great on the slideshow. I enjoyed getting to look at them all together. The girls are so rockin' this challenge! Love it! And those cow cartoons are hilarious! Me and mom are rolling! Love ya!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!