About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7, 2008 - How fast do you type???

How fast do you type???? LOL I found this on a blog I was perusing and me being the perfectionist I am when it comes to typing was curious how fast I type these days. When I graduated high school I was easily 70 to 75 wpm but wondered if I could still keep my fingers moving..................

81 words

Speed test



I guess so huh??? LOL I was amazed to see that not only is my speed still up there, I've improved over the years a bit!!! Wonder how fast I really type if I try and focus on what I'm doing.....LOL

So, ever want to know your names hidden meaning??? I saw this while perusing another friend's blog the other day and forgot to post it...........




What Karen Means



You are a seeker of knowledge, and you have learned many things in your life.

You are also a keeper of knowledge - meaning you don't spill secrets or spread gossip.

People sometimes think you're snobby or aloof, but you're just too deep in thought to pay attention to them.



You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.

You have the classic "Type A" personality.



You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.

You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.

You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.



You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.

You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.

At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.



You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.

You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.

You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.



So I wonder if the person who wrote that knows me??? For the most part it's pretty accurate!!!

I got a new pair of shoes this weekend - I must say they are rather comfy!!! Those who know me know that I am a total Crocs girl - they are so comfortable that I could care less if the majority of the population think they are ugly. Well, Rob and I went to the mall yesterday after watching Leatherheads at Alamo Drafthouse and I saw these new Skechers flip flops. They are darling - and comfy!!! They have the holes in them so you can "pop" little decorative buttons in and out to spruce them up a bit - I just love them!!!! Check 'em out!!!!

Photobucket

See all the little cute things on them??? Those can be popped in and out whenever you want to change them!!!

I am resolving to not turn on my monitor at my desk tonite until I have created at least one layout, two cards or one large altered item or two small altered items - I've been so lazy that it is just ridiculous and I need to get to making something, anything!!! So, wish me luck....LOL!!!

I also need to go touch base with my friends on a couple of the forums that I typically visit on a regular basis - I've been horrible about it. I just haven't had it in me to log in anywhere other than here every few days. I def need to get myself back into my groove. The haircut definitely helped - I'm a little more peppy lately and hope it lasts!!!

Well, that is all I can think of to bore you with - check back often, I actually accomplish something scrappy wise once in a while that is worth checking out!!!

Happy Scrappin'..............over and out ya'll!!!Photobucket

2 comments:

**** April **** said...

and so... did you get something done?! I saw those Croc flip flops at a store a while back and though.. I knew they'd have to make something else to keep up with the industry! :) You're a big Jibitz freak too huh? LOL Did you see the Oprah episode about those? The woman that owned that company and sold it to Crocs... insane

Unknown said...

Love the shoes! Just got the girls new Crocs too. And I hear ya about keeping up on boards. I have been MIA for a couple weeks on 3 that I visit. Just too crazy in my life right now! At least I am getting some blogging in tonight!

Blog Archive

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!