About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1, 2008 - I'm no fool!!!

April Fools Day ya say??? Eh, I don't tend to get into this much as it used to get me into trouble quite easily. So, I behave and sit back to watch what all the other April Fools are out there doing!!!

On a sad note, my niece lost her baby yesterday. She was in the early stages of pregnancy. She was so shell shocked when she found out but naturally warmed up to the idea rather quickly. She is heartbroken right now and I wish I could be there to just hug her. I had bought all the items to make an album and had it all sketched out but I am going to pack it all up in a box for now and wait. Cait had said I should just finish the album and sell it but I just can't do that - I bought the stuff with my niece in mind and the album will be hers one day when she has a child.

On to more pleasant thoughts............

My Mom spent last week with me!!! That was such a blast!!! I went to pick her up last Wednesday and she stayed through Sunday. We had so much fun!!! We did a little shopping - yes, I only did a little believe it or not!!! I took her to my hair dresser and she got her hair cut - what a cute sassy cut she got too!!! Inspired me to get mine cut so I made an appointment with Kim for this week - I'm totally going to let her run with it and do WHATEVER she wants!!! Yeah, even short if that is where she decides to go. It's only hair - it will grow back!!! The funny part - Cait jumped on the bandwagon too and now we both go in on Friday to let Kim do whatever she wants with out hair!!! Short and sassy, spruce it up for the spring/summer with some highlights - WHATEVER her little heart desires!!! So excited - I need a change, something to lift my dreary mood as of late!!!

Every wonder what color category your life falls into or is it just me??? I saw this on a fellow scrappers blog and had to take it to see what my true color is - so weird because it really is my true color I think. I always lean towards browns - even though I say it isn't my favorite color - because I feel the warmth brings out the shades in my hair, compliments my skin tone and just feels right on me. So here is my true color results:

Take this test!
You're brown, a credible, stable color that's reminiscent of fine wood, rich leather, and wistful melancholy. Most likely, you're a logical, practical person ruled more by your head than your heart. With your inquisitive mind and insatiable curiosity, you're probably a great problem solver. And you always gather all of the facts before coming to a timely, informed decision. Easily intrigued, you're constantly finding new ways to challenge your mind, whether it's by reading the newspaper, playing a trivia game, or composing a piece of music. Brown is an impartial, neutral color, which means you tend to see the difference between fact and opinion easily and are open to many points of view. Trustworthy and steady, you really are a brown at heart.



Take the test and tell me what your true color is, I'd love to know!!!

I've been on a bit of a creative hiatus this last week or so. So much going on with my Mom in town that we never got a minute to sit down and create - we had several projects planned out but we got so caught up in just visiting that we never made it to my scrappy area!!! So, I need to get those creative juices flowing and have decided to go back and do all the challenges listed on Card Positioning Systems. I went back to the very first sketch posted over there and have them all printed out ready to start creating. I'll be posting here as I complete each one - I'm hoping to start in on the current ones as well and will post them too!!! There are so many ideas floating in this little brain of mine and they never get the chance to come out and play - maybe this will open that creative outlet and get them out here to show the world!!! Wish me luck........LOL

Well, a novel I have posted I see and I didn't even touch on everything going on right now....guess that leaves me something to post later. I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here - shame on me!!!

If you stop by leave me a comment to let me know you are here - I love to check out other's blogs for inspiration so don't forget to link to me!!!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

Over and out ya'll...............Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

well mine was black and about 80% of the info was true!
Good to see you posting, glad you had such a great time with your mom!!!
Cannot wait to see your cuts, my hair is so out of control I am ready to hack it myself!!!

Anonymous said...

Mine was Green and so not true!

We miss you - sorry to hear about your niece ::hugz::

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen...I'm so sorry to hear about your niece :( I'll be keeping her in my prayers. We've missed you, but it sounds like things are pretty crazy right now. As for my color...I was yellow. Which is funny since that's my least favorite color...lol
Hang in there and we love you!
Linda

Blog Archive

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!