About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Penny Black, Daring Card Makers & ScrapStars!!!

OK, got another three challenges done!!! WOOHOO!!!!

This is for the Penny Black blog challenge. I love PB stamps but don't have a ton of them because they are hard to find locally. I am not an order stamps online kind of girl - I like to get the stamp in my hands and get a feel for it (there are a couple exceptions to this which are Bella stamps and PCS stamps.......lol). So, the few I have I really LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The challenge this week was "frame it" - in other words frame your image however you like just put a frame around it.

Since my frame was a heart it also doubles up over at Daring Card Makers, a new place I found this past week and am excited to play along at!!

And..................ScrapStars had a challenge to use a song title in your card!!! On of my favorite songs by Faith Hill is "I Love the Way You Love Me" and I used it here on this card!!!!

So, here goes:

Photobucket

I so love this little guy with his heart balloons!!!!

Thanks again for stopping by and as always, Happy Scrappin'!!!!

6 comments:

de said...

Wow, this is another great one! Lovely!

Beth said...

Great take on the challenge, I love the heart frame and cute image! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous take on the challenge Karen...love the sparkly hearts and your heart frame is beautiful

...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC..Hugs kath xxxx

SueH said...

Welcome along to your first DCM dare Karen, thanks for joining in.

I love the card you’ve made, especially the little heart shaped frame…..what a fab idea!

Lythan said...

What a clever idea to use the heart as a frame :)

Pauline C said...

Really love the composition of this card - everything fits together so beautifully and I love your spakly frame. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x
PS I know what you mean about online ordering but there are some v good suppliers of PB who give fab service and tend to be cheaper than local shops (sad but true!!) Hope you can build up your collection - it's very addictive !

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!