About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I asked for snow..............

.................and I get freakin' ice!!!! GGGRRRR Doesn't the weatherman know the difference between the two??? ROFL So, it looks like we are gonna have some bad weather. We have already got a thin coating of ice popping up on stuff around here and the kids are home from school - darn my luck!!! ROFL

This past weekend we went to my Mom and Dad's to help with getting their TV's all ready for the new HD conversion - my Dad got the first box installed but was worried he wouldn't set it up right in the living room because of all the components and satellite and stuff so they called and asked if Rob would mind coming down to help him. It was a good weekend and was glad to spend time with them. Saturday night we went to my BFF from high school's parents house for her Mom's birthday party. I gave her the LO I made (see below) and they loved it - I was thrilled.

I took my A&P test yesterday and made a 95 - thank goodness as I was sweating that one!!! I don't know if my GPA will be a 4.0 this term - A&P is really kicking my booty!!! I am trying though and only 7 more weeks to go - 7 LONG, LONG WEEKS!!! I did start my research for my final though, I have to do an 8 to 10 page essay on a system of choice in the human body so I chose the Endocrine System - I figured there is lots going on in that system and I should have plenty of info to make my minimum requirements on length.

Scrap wise not much accomplished. I did finish up some recipe cards for a swap over at Just Scrappin' - I posted my cards for the girls to see and am anxiously awaiting the reveal of everyone else's - they'll prolly make me wait and torture me though!!!

Here are the cards I made, I used 3 different background papers for the base of the recipe card and a 4th where I stamped the sombrero on. I swear, everyone including my family thought I was nutts when I was looking for a chicken with a sombrero!!! I finally had to piece it but it turned out OK.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did add a little extra something to them after I took pics but it wasn't anything major.

I'm off now to shower and then get scrappin'. I've been working on a special card for my DT reveal on the 2nd in memory of Beverley Todd who passed away Christmas Eve. She was a fellow DT member and will be terribly missed in the scrappy world. So look for my card come the 2nd - I don't think you will be disappointed with this one at all, I've spent quite a bit of time working on the little details just for Beverley.

Thanks for stoppin' by and Happy Scrappin'!!!!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!