About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 6, 2009

What a week...............

................and it isn't over yet!!! Let's see, I haven't gotten ANYTHING scrappy done this week and that does not set well with me!!! I had so many plans and challenges to get done and nothing, nada, zilch, zero!!!! Why you may ask? Well, Cait woke up Monday morning sick. Her dad told her if she wasn't feeling good to go back to bed - and she did. Now I knew she was sick when she did that because she does NOT like to miss school at all afraid she'll get behind on work.

She slept all day Monday and Monday night as she was moving from the couch to her bed to go back to sleep I checked her throat and yep, the tell tale signs of strept throat were starting to appear - small blisters, swelling, redness - you see, I grew up getting strept throat 2 to 3 times a year so I def knew what this was. Off to the doc on Tuesday morning. Funny that the doc tried to tell me it wasn't strept but I kept telling him it was and he finally decided to test it - he said he saw no blisters on the back of her throat, HA I laugh at him because they were not fully developed at the time just starting out!! Anywho sure enough he comes back to say yep, it's strept.

Spent the week taking care of her and running an errand or two when I could and working on school stuff for me. Last night Rob comes home from work pale and not feeling good and headed to bed way early - I wasn't even out of class when he went to bed. I watched a movie and headed to bed around 12:30 a.m. to him achey with the chills and all the signs of the flu that the doc talked to me about on Tues. So this morning I have an appt to get him and hopefully some meds to knock it out.

I have been trying to reorganize my scrap room all week so needless to say nothing is really in its place right now because I had been working in the kitchen - so half of the stuff is in the kitchen and the other half is in my scrap room. Can't organize now because my scrap room is off our bedroom and I'm not known to be the quietest when I clean...............LOL!!!

Oh yeah, the weekend birthday celebration for Cait has been postponed - she will be 17 on Monday and we were gonna do a birthday gig for her this weekend but with her and Rob getting sick I don't want to pass that along to anyone else so, another time.

OK, off to do something until it is time to go to the doc which will lead to the pharmacy I'm sure and I gotta hit the post office to mail off some stuff, including my payment for my scrapping trip coming up!!!! Woohoo!!

Happy Scrappin' all and keep your fingers crossed that I might get something done this weekend!!!!



PS I just realized - I did get one LO done this week - it is for the "We Love Our Members" challenge at Treasured Scrapbooking. Go check 'em out!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!