About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketchs 2/16 Reveal

Once again, it is that time. But sadly, this time will now come only once a month on the 1st. I will truly miss the double reveal each month BUT............De has 2, yes TWO wonderful teams now for cards and layouts so there will still be twice monthly reveals of sketches and work so make sure you check out Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketches on the 1st and 15th of every month still!!!

So, on to my reveal!!!

Here is my sketch I got to work with:


Photobucket


And here is my card:

Photobucket

If you use the sketch please let us know by posting here or at Am I A Scrap Addict - Sketches - we'd love to see what you come up with!!!

Now on to my sketch!!! I am hosting a 2nd challenge at Just Scrappin' this month and it is another of my sketches. There are, of course, prizes involved so stop by and play along!!! The sketch I made for the challenge I am posting today was a fun but simple one - I'd love to know if you use my sketch as well!!!

Photobucket

I haven't completed a card for this sketch - or the sketch from the 1st challenge because it has been so hectic the last two weeks but I have them on my list!!!

As for non-scrappy - it looks like everyone is on the mend from being sick. Saturday night my parents came up and took us out for Cait's bday dinner since they postponed last week and we witnessed a horrible wreck as we were coming home - it happened on the corner of the road we live on. After 2 hours of being out in the cold and rain we finally got home and it seems like I haven't been able to get the chill out of my bones quite yet - is that a sign I'm getting older?? LOL None the less, it was a stressful situation and has only added to my humdrum mood lately. I have some school work to finish up tomorrow then hopefully I can spend tomorrow night and Wednesday playing in my papers and what knot - I am missing card making!!! I also have a LO I need to get done for the Treasured Scrapbook 4 week challenge going on not to mention several LO challenges on a couple sites I play on!! So much to do and so little time right now!!! Hopefully with everyone getting well it will settle back down!!!

Off to veg with the hubby and kids since he is off work tonite. Have a good evening and happy scrappin'!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lovely card Karen. Love those house of mouse stamps.

Love Karen (UK) x

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!