About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quarantine

Yep, I officially quarantined the house on Friday. Cait had strept throat all week, Rob was diagnosed Friday morning with acute bronchitis, Dyl was sick 2 weeks ago and I'm fighting but feel like I am losing. I have rested every chance I've gotten hoping it will help me continue to fight!!!

We had a crop going on over at Just Scrappin' this weekend and I only managed to get one thing done so far. I am hoping tomorrow I can get through a couple more things but I have some school work to do as well so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm also playing along in the We Love Our Members contest over at Treasured Scrapbooking. Wow, all the entries so far have been awesome! It is a 4 week long contest and we are starting week 2 this week. Make sure you stop by and check out all the fabulous work that has been done. I will be posting my work here when the contest is over but for now, if you wanna see what I'm up to you'll need to come on over!!!

Here's the one card I finished for the JS crop - I am not overly fond of it but it was made while doped up on cold meds so I have an excuse............LOL

Photobucket

The challenge was by Kelly and based off a Becky Fleck sketch and we had to use orange or purple on the card. I chose to stamp out the flower and hand cut it out - I also stickled the petals. The ribbon has BoBunny rub-ons for the decorative effect and the sentiment is from BoBunny as well. The papers are K&Co. and the line escapes me right now.

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin' - let's hope for a more productive week this next week!!!!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!