About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Mother's Love

My son, as some know, is technically my step son. No, I was not honored to be his birth mother but I love him as much as a mother can. His birth mother, Marni, passed away before his 2nd birthday so he has no memories of her other than stories he has been told. Over the years I’ve worked on a layout here and there trying to capture some of the memories for him. This layout is one that I am honored to be part of – more than just creating it. I completed this layout for four different challenges on four different boards so let me break it down:


From Here 2 Scrapternity:


I used a sketch as posted by Kelly

Just Scrappin’:

Cristal challenged us to do a layout without a title.

Treasured Scrapbooking:


Shirley challenged us to use hearts on our layout.

ScrapFreak:

Jess challenged us to scrap a not so perfect event in our lives. Now, my being honored to be Dylan’s Mom was a perfect event in my life but the tragic loss of life for his birth Mom was a not so perfect event.

So, now to my layout:

Photobucket

The journaling reads:

A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional and forever. – author unknown

A tragedy. A life cut short. An opportunity to share my love. Being your Mom is one of the best things that could have ever happened. I know I can never replace your real Mom but I can love you like she would. I <3 you.

I am very happy with how this one turned out. The pic of it isn’t the best but it is 3 a.m. here and there is no natural light anywhere at this moment but I just had to get this uploaded as I am thrilled with it!

As always thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin’!!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Gorjus LO. I would say he's a very lucky boy. A lovely keepsake for you both.

Love Karen (UK) x

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

what great layout and a great thought behind it--you are too sweet

Deanne Clarke said...

That is a beautiful layout Karen!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen it is beautiful and you did capture a moment he will remember always

ScrapAddict said...

Beautiful! He's a lucky boy!

Angie Moses said...

what a sweet layout Karen...I love how you did the 2 pics (kinda a now and then)...so unfortunate he lost hims mom so young, but so lucky to have a woman like you brought into his life.

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Karen, I just think that is an awesome LO!!! It is so amazing of you to do that LO!!! CUDDOS 2 U!!

michele said...

what heartfelt journalling. I love the LO. I have two stepsons...love the one like a son and the other causes so much pain. Dylan is so lucky to have you as his momma.

Now, onto the jewelry...you have talent, GF. Love all the earrings.

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!