About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 23, 2008

Today has been a relatively quiet day - other than the arguement with Rob over the driver education process for Cait....LOL. I'm still upset over some things that have gone on recently in my life but trying to "get over it" as some would say. It's just hard on some things for me to "get over" - I deal with alot of stuff on a day to day basis in business and real life and I let TONS just go by without saying things but once in a while the wrong thing happens and everything I've held back unleashes and I just need to take some time to myself and "chill" as some would say. I had intended to do so today BBBBUUUUUUUTTTT my assistant proceeded to call in sick - more like hungover since his buddies came into town yesterday - and I ended up working on my day off.........some fun huh!!!

I sold my Sizzix and Sizzix Sidekick this morning off Craig's List to a lovely lady named Melody. While chatting she told me about a group she started here in Austin back in September of 2007 and invited me to join the group. It is not a forum, a design team, nothing dedicated to a particular craft. What they do once a month is meet up somewhere in Austin and from what I understand fellow members will host the craft/art of their choice during the particular month they choose - I'll find out more later I am sure. She mentioned this next month (March) will be cake decorating if I remember right - I have all the tools to cake decorate (like just about every other craft...LOL) but I've never done a whole lot with them. I might have to check them out to get out of the house - March 12th if I remember the date right. So check out the new banner/blinky on the sidebar.

While I had some downtime in the office today I thought about things that have transpired in the last month or so and decided how to move on with my life. I have decided that I do not wish to do competitive scrapbooking any longer. I only want to scrap for myself and for hire - entering contests where people get so mean and ugly because they believe their work is better than others and so on just really surprised me. Would you believe the people out there who get down right indignet because they don't win stuff??? LOL I never would have imagined scrapping women wanting to "scrap" (get the pun, scrap as in fight...LOL).

Anywho, I am better today than I was yesterday. I was upset over stuff in life yesterday and I really didn't want to deal with it - I knew it wouldn't make it go away but I just needed time to be selfish.

Over and out ya'll!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look like lots has been going on for ya, sweets. Hope things are settling down! And yes, scrappin' is supposed to be fun, not a brawl! LOL! Keep posting your awesome works - I love looking and gleaning ideas from you!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!