About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Step It Up

...........w/a step card! I saw this on a blog this past weekend and so loved the idea then couldn't find the blog I saw it on so I could give credit to where I got the idea from!!! The worst part is I always leave pages up to remind me and it wasn't on any pages so, I got nothin'!!!

Anywho, this step card was my first ever and so much fun to make. I truly DO NOT think it is my best work but it was def a work in progress to perfecting the step effect - the measurements are so tricky!!! I will try to get it down and share the measurements with you at a later date and time!!!

Photobucket

My sweet friend, Amanda, loved the card. She was the temporary technical assistant in the unit I am in. She started the temp assignment my first week in the unit and she has been such an amazing support and wealth of knowledge that aided in training me to do my job. Between her and Barbie (my permanent technical assistant) I have learned so much and actually feel as if I know what I am doing - trust me, there are still a few who don't have a clue!!!

I made this LO for Barbie but forgot to take a pic of it here at home before I took it to her so had to snap this pic with my phone so not the best quality!!!

Photobucket

The chipboard giant flower has been in my stash forever!!! I've been saving it because I've had an idea for it but never felt the right moment to use it til I saw this pic!!! Kiera (from Walking Tall a few posts back) is big sis to Jordan and this is how she gives kisses to Jordan. My hubby said I should've titled it "MMMMMM Tasty" but I was going for a more "lovey" feel this time around but I'm keeping that title in mind for a more casual pic of K giving J lovies!!!

That's it for tonite. I am off to work on a LO from our trip to Texas of my FIL's retirement party - the idea came to me today during a phone call. My first week back to work has been interesting. Very tired by Friday but that could be because I rec'd another shot yesterday for my headaches and she changed up some of my meds trying to get my blood pressure down - it's working but my body isn't used to it so I feel tired.

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin' - I'm sure you'll see more work from me this weekend!!!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!