About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

BzzAgent Elmer's/Xacto

..........gave me this fab little package of adhesive/cutting goodies to play with and I just had to share!!!

Photobucket

In the pack was a great, smooth as all get out, tape runner, 2 pair of edging scissors, a corner punch, a glue stick, some glue dots and a liquid adhesive (which earned its keep in my scrappy stash first off!!).

As with any freebies rec'd I like to showcase them, how I use them and then an HONEST opinion of what I think about them while using them. So, let's get started!!

As I said the liquid adhesive earned its keep almost immediately!! I was trying to use my Tim Holtz Distressing ink with the applicator and as I pulled off one of the applicator ends I pulled off the piece that holds them on entirely!!! AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! What's a girl to do? Well, sitting there on the table staring at me was my Elmer's/Xacto package so I grabbed the liquid adhesive and used it to fix my applicator!!

Here's my broken ink applicator:

Photobucket

Applying the Elmer's Craft Bond:

Photobucket

Elmer's Craft Bond:

Photobucket

My fixed ink applicator - just had to give it a little dry time!!!

Photobucket

As for the rest of the adhesive, well, let's see what I was able to do!!!

The super smooth tape runner was used quite a bit, here I was assembling the Nestie cut shapes:

Photobucket

Worked like a charm!! I realized I had forgot to emboss the background that I inked (look at the picture above you can tell) and I was so not able to get the piece off without chancing to rip so it def holds!!! I ended up embossing after adhering:

Photobucket

The next product used was the glue stick. I used glue sticks way back when I didn't know better. The last time I tried a glue stick I was ready to stick my fingers to my forehead so I didn't have to use a glue stick again!!! But...........this Elmer's glue stick was actually awesome!!! I was able to apply it so easily to the small areas of the swing and leaves and BAM (I'm thinking I'm Emeril....LOL)it was stuck to the background just as I needed it!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last adhesive I played with are their new glue dots. So, I'm used to glue dots that are super thin and great for adhering but........then I have to add the foam adhesive squares if I want any height. With these, I get the best of BOTH worlds!!! I was able to use these little babies to adhere my girl to the swing but also give her a little height!

Photobucket

See how thick they are!!!

Photobucket

Check out their thin ones as well - they are almost invisible but you can kind of see them!! I do love them, like the tape runner and glue stick they really do stick!!!

Photobucket

And here is one on the back of her head and on the swing so I can give her a little "pop" off the swing :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then a side view so you can see she has that little "pop" going on!!

Photobucket

For the rest of the card I used the tape runner primarily and the glue stick inside for the flower (first time in a while I've done an inside......wooohooo):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's the finished card w/all the adhesive products I used. I meant to use the cutting tools as well but I was so excited over the adhesives I totally pushed the cutting tools to the side!!! I do have my Xacto guillotine cutter that I've loved for years so I know the new tools will be just as loved (I did play with them just didn't use for the project)!!!

Photobucket

With all that said...............LOL................I created the card for the following challenges:

Charisma Cards - Anything Goes

Just Magnolia - A sketch by Dawny.

HHHMMMM...........I swore I had more challenges for this but I suppose not!! I will have to check my lists again but it is getting late so I am a little out of it...........I'm sure I missed one somewhere :)

As always, thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!!!

2 comments:

Vee said...

Such a lovely card and a great tutorial.Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Mandy said...

Just popping onto say thanks for becoming a follower of our new challenge,Sparkle Dreams Challenge look forward to seeing you on the 1st October for our first challenge...
The Sparkle DT

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!