About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

MIA, Move and all that jazz!!!

OK, it's been a while I know!!! I'm a bad, bad, bad blogger at this point!!! LOL

So, I've had many emails from friends asking where the heck I am hiding out at and what all is going on with our move, jobs, scrapping and just life in general so, I'll make a quick rundown of things for those who wanna know and for the few stalkers I have just trying to keep tabs on me.

1. The most asked question I've had is how is the move going? Well, it's going. Living out of boxes right now while trying to get settled in. We have some serious remodeling going on right now. I have sheetrock, nails, broken glass (ouch), pvc pipe, wallpaper, tile and whole lots more that I'm maneuvering around on a regular basis. We are shooting for the biggest part of the remodeling to be done this weekend with just touch ups to finish up - again, this is completely tentative. By the time it is all done we will have a remodeled bathroom and a new scrappy nook for me. We already finished the biggest part of the kitchen and I now have new woodenesque floors - they are just so pretty!!!! This was a surprise from my Dad and darling hubby a few weeks ago when we were doing the back and forth thing from Austin working on getting the house ready to move back into. Cait and I had stayed in Austin a couple days to run the business and Rob and Dyl came up and my Dad met them up here and they ripped out the already half ripped up linoleum and replaced it with my now beautiful floors!!!!

2. How are you and where have you been? I'm amazingly great considering all we have going on!!! I'm relaxed and happy to be in MY home. With the exception of a few little things that aren't worth stressing anymore, we are so happy to be home. I'm really glad I finally talked Rob into this - you know, me being so in control of everything it took a lot of talking to convince him this was the right thing to do and the right place for us to be. There is a bit of sarcasm there - for those stalking me they'll know what I'm talking about, for those who know me and what has been going on in the last several months, heck years, they'll get it too, for those of you new to my blog please forgive me for being a tad snippy but I needed to let some know that I'm aware of them being so concerned with what is going on in my life that they have to stalk my blog and try to post really ugly, rude comments to me. Anywho, enough on that. The biggest obstacle we encountered was getting internet hooked up. I started working on it 3 weeks ago and had install set up but the morons with the original company jerked me around so much that I threw a fit then they decided they couldn't get a signal at our house and became real asses and refused to even try. I found a new company and amazingly they were out in 3 days, found a signal from the same tower the other company uses and had me installed - that was this past Friday.

3. How is your scrappy life? Dead............for now. Part of our remodeling is adding a scrappy nook so my scrappy supplies are still packed in boxes in our bedroom. I did finish my first DT assignment and it will be displayed on the 2nd. All of our card DT is featured right now on the site and she is posting bio's every week. I am to be featured on September 13th so keep an eye out for me!!!!

4. How are the kids? They are great. I took them school clothes shopping the Friday before school started (the 25th) and they got all decked out in some cool gear. They started on Monday and love it. It is so much different than Austin but they seemed to fit right in - so far!!! They decided to take honors classes and have been doing great with the exception of honors physics. They are both dropping back to regular physics as they don't have the math prep for honors physics and the teacher says he can't explain it to them or he'll get the entire class behind. The funny thing is that honors physics has requirements of algebra 1 and algebra 2 but as sophmores they haven't even taken algebra 2 - they put them into geometry for the sophmore year so I am not sure why they would even consider them ready for honors physics other than the fact that they were straight A student's in Austin and I guess they thought they could handle it. Dyl is taking his 2nd year of Spanish and it's kind of funny, he knows more than the 2nd year Spanish students here. At the end of last year he had said Spanish class was more of a joke because they didn't really learn much but I now see he learned more than he realized. Cait decided to take French, which is what I took in high school. She was going to take Spanish but after talking with the counselor and telling her that she didn't really want to take Spanish the counselor told her to take what she really wanted to take because the high school language classes were not set up to teach conversational Spanish. She's pretty happy with it - she chose the class name of Giselle and it is funny because that was my class name when I was in high school.

5. How's the job stuff going? Well, as of this past Thursday we are officially unemployed!!! Feels good to have that weight off our shoulders. The company we were working for was a great company so don't get me wrong, but little to our knowledge when we started working there over 4 years ago it is simply a flipping company. The owner purchases properties, brings the overall stats of the property up by increasing revenue and occupancy then he sells them. About 6 months after we had moved to Corpus Christi we found this out and well, have been in limbo ever since while he wheeled and dealed to acquire new properties to only sell them shortly after. This last move got us closer to family which thrilled us until he decided to sell the property shortly after owning it for a year. So, back into turmoil we went after thinking we had 10 years stability as he stated he had a 10 year note on this property so we were fine. Granted, we learned a lot about ourselves, the strength of our love and the commitment to ourselves that we have. We are at a place in our life now where nothing will ever come between us again and won't be able to make us doubt our love and desire to be together as a family - yeah, there have been those who have tried to pry us apart over the last almost 10 years but it hasn't worked and isn't going to so give up and just be happy for us for once!!!

6. How is school going? Besides being extremely complicated to attend class with no internet, it is going great!!! Right now I have a 95 average in both of my classes and am half way through my first term. I've taken one test in both classes so far and missed one question on both tests. I have a second test due this week and am figuring it is going to be a bit harder as it has to do more with medical laws and such but I will be fine I am sure. It's funny because I was without internet for an entire week (the first week we were here) and I would have to drive into town and sit outside the local hotel to get online to check my classes, respond to questions regarding my work and even try to attend class through a borrowed connection. It definitely makes me thankful for internet connection at the house now!!!

7. When will you be back around the message boards and challenge boards? Well, I hope this next week I'll be able to hop back in and get caught up with everyone. I have a couple projects I would like to get done this week scrappy wise but not sure it will happen. We are hoping my scrappy nook will be ready for me to start setting up in this week so I'll be spending time organizing and finishing up the purging I need to get done. I do have my 2nd DT assignment to get done in the next week or so and submitted to Deanne in time for the unveiling on the 16th but I'm not stressing it, I know EXACTLY what I am going to do and can get it done without my scrappy nook being set up so if all else fails I'll camp out at the kitchen table. Now I do have my monthly challenge to get done and ready to upload for tomorrow, ack, I think it is going to be late because there is no way I'll get it done in time. I am thinking I will just wait and use my DT assignment for it and post it on the 2nd once it has been revealed on the site.

OK, for now I gotta go. My darling hubby should be back from Lowes anytime now and we gotta get back to working in the bathroom. From here it should be pretty smooth sailing until he decided to bust out the last wall to complete my scrappy nook - that scares me a bit but it will all work out!!!

Thank you all for the emails of concern and well wishes, I've missed being around but will be back real soon!!! Happy scrappin'!!!!!

1 comment:

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

yippee, yippee, yippee---KarenB is back! Glad you are settling in and sorry for the snarky peeps around the edges, may they all kiss your delightfull rear!!! LOL!!!
Glad you are back, tell Cait hi for me too!!!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!