About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cottage Cutz Wednesay

It's that time again - Cottage Cutz Wednesday at The Cuttlebug Spot. This week I played with the Cottage Cutz Bear die. I've been wanting to do a layout using this picture of me and my cousin David (miss ya guy) for quite a while but it has been hard, after 10 years, to scrap him. My cousin passed away in April of 1999 at the age of 31 (would've been 32 in November) from cancer and as with many other family members I've lost, I've blocked the memories and pain so when I scrap these pics they come rushing back.

Anywho, on to a happier story! My parents and David's parents owned cabins on Lake Tawakoni in Texas and every Friday night we'd pack up with our grandparents and head to the lake for the weekend (we lived about an hour away). On the way to the lake on Hwy 34 there was a little po'dunk store that had a real live bear out back who loved loved LOVED "sody pop" as the owner called it. You could go inside and purchase a bottle of "sody pop" (I loved to give him Orange Crush) and go outside and stick it through the fence for the bear to reach out with his paws and take the bottle in both paws like they were hands and tilt his head back while sitting on his bottom and down the bottle of "sody pop." Stopping to buy "sody pop" was a tradition we shared for many years until the area where the cabins were was set up for renovation and all cabins had to be demolished - those were sad days but a whole different story. So, when I came across this pic a while back I knew I needed to scrap it but have put it off til I got the Cottage Cutz Bear die in the mail a couple weeks ago. So, onto my LO:


Photobucket


and a close up of the bear:

Photobucket

I added the mini googlie eyes for a fun effect but these dies are so easy to use you have plenty of time to customize them. The one die for the bear contained all the pieces needed including that tiny little nose and eyes (the tiny googlie eyes I got at Hobby Lobby if I remember right).

Don't forget to check out the other creations from my fellow Cuttlebug Spot DT Members and then check out all the dies (especially the new release coming up, OMG I am so anxious to get my hands on some of those! LOL) at The Scrapping Cottage.

As always, thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!