About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stamp Organization

OK, I am the most unorganized person there is when it comes to my scrappy space. I can clean it and be so proud of the room and in just 5 minutes into creating it looks like a tornado blew through. The biggest problem I have is stamp storage. I have so many cute cute cute stamps but I don't use them often enough because it is a pain in my rear to dig them out, find the ones I want to use then use them and have to put them up again or they get lost - or more importantly, I forget which ones I have!!!!! Granted, I prefer clear/cling stamps over blocked stamps anymore so this explains the worry about them getting lost.

Well, at my LSS the other day I ran across a package called "EZ Mount Lightweight Stamp Storage Panels" by Sunday International. Now, I already use the EZ Mount backing for my unmounted rubber stamps that I buy - I adore Pink Cat Studio stamps and they come unmounted which is what prompted me to begin using EZ Mount. Since I was struggling so much with stamp storage I decided to give these storage panels by them a try.

So, I am loving it so far!!! Now, I've tried just about every option of stamp storage out there before, CD cases, original packaging, baseball collector pages with the small pockets, laminated sheets and putting them on with tacky glue, the list could probably go on and on.

Here is a pic of how I did two sets of my PCS stamps - keep in mind the page protectors are not necessary but I am kind of anal when it comes to making sure they don't get knocked off and lost so this is better safe than sorry:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've put these into a giant zip up binder and so far so good. My goal this week is to finish all of my collection of clear/unmounted stamps and put them on the storage panels. Last night I finished up my Pink Cat Studio, Stampendous, Doodlebug Designs and almost Autumn Leaves collections. Tonite I will hopefully get Autumn Leaves completed along with Hero Arts and the few miscellaneous stamps that I own and I'll be good to go!!!

So, if you are desperately looking for a stamp storage option give this a look - it might just be what you are looking for!!!

Happy Scrappin'...........over and out ya'll!!!

Photobucketflower 1Photobucket

1 comment:

preci28 said...

oh that looks like a great idea.. I tried the stamp envelopes from tim holtz and i'm not liking them. my clear stamps don't want to stick to them--so i'm going to see about those..

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!