About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9, 2008

Didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning - it was so snuggly, cozy warm!!!

Kids went back to school yesterday from Holiday break and boy did feel good to have silence in the house/office again!!! After homeschooling for so long we were so used to them being with us all the time but we got used to us time really fast when they started school................I'm already dreading summer!!!

Well, my DT position that I was so excited about has pretty much fizzled out. The site only has about 6 active members most of which are on the DT but we don't get product or assignments so no one does anything. Kinda sad - I was really ready to give 110% to the DT. Worst part is I passed up the opportunity to try out for two different DT's where I would have loved to made it - guess there is always tomorrow. Eh, no worries - I should focus on scrapping for me and my family and keep the joy of scrapping as my goal instead of getting on DT's. I'm sure I'll try out again some day.

Today's auction went OK - had 45 units to sell and sold 44, gave the last one away so we didn't have to deal with it. Definitely didn't pull in the cash like we thought we should have - buyers were being cheap today.

I did manage to get a card done today - made me mad though because I was working on one that I was going to emboss. I got my embossing powder all set, picked up my heat gun, flipped the switch and nothing!!! So I thought the extension cord was unplugged or gone bad. Tried another cord and wondered if DH had kicked the switch off. Nope. Went to another outlet in another part of the house and still nothing!!! Did not set well with me - I will be taking it back tomorrow. I haven't had it that long and only used it a few times. Too bad I don't have a backup anymore :(.

It's almost 10 pm here so I think I'm going to call it a night. Today was a long busy day and I need some sleep!!!

Hugs!!!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!