About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today rained. And rained. And rained some more!!! Other than that it was relatively quiet and that is good some days.

I picked up the kids from school and Dylan asked to go to Hobby Lobby for a new model car - who am I to refuse a trip to Hobby Lobby right??? **wink** I am so thrilled we went too!!! I know I should have taken the package of BG paper I bought to the front and told them it was mismarked but I didn't - I was bad, I admit it!!! I bought it!!! It was on the shelf with a price tag clearly on it stating the price was $3.99 and I know that was wrong but I didn't say a word - I almost feel guilty about it!!! The price on all the other packages was $17.99 and if I hadn't bought it someone else would have..........right??? Anywho, I got a new pack of paper that I definitely DIDN'T need!!!

I also used my 40% coupon and got some of the new Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coating Glitter assortment - they are so so so so pretty!!! Wanna see???

Photobucket

Aren't those some of the yummiest colors you've ever seen??? I couldn't resist since I had the 40% off coupon - I should have but I just couldn't. I have promised Rob I will create more, spend less - we'll see how that goes, I'm not so good at that promise, I try but I can find things at any store to use in my scrapping and cardmaking - yes, especially Home Depot!!!

So, I said last night I was going to focus on card making for a little while. I will still be making 8x8 albums as they are so loved but I am trying to get my scrappy mojo completely back and cards are so quick and easy and give satisfying results so I'm gonna work on my mojo via cards for a while.

Here is a quick card I made tonite for a darling friend who just got engaged!!! Gratz Elisa!!! The cardstock is from my stash, patterned paper for background and dress is Basic Grey Scarlet Letter, the embossed patterned paper was done using the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder, Dress Stamp from Hero Arts, Pearls on dress from Hero Arts, Congratulations stamp from Kelly Panicci for Sandy Lion and the ink is ColorBox Chalk Ink in Charcoal.

Photobucket

Hope you like and thanks for looking!!!


Happy Scrappin' - Over and out ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Amy aka: ropergirl3 said...

oooh I love that card!!!!
Tell Rob you just had to have it, he'll understand!!!
xoxo!

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!