About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

I welcome 2010 with open arms and am shoving 2009 out the door with a mighty kick in the caboose!!! The Brooks household had many changes in 2009 - some not so positive and others absolutely amazing. I am thankful for everything we have experienced as it helps builds us and make us better people. I can tell you that I've learned not to expect much when it comes to those you consider friends - I always give more than I get in return which ends up hurting me. I can tell you that I've learned there is more to life than material things - my family has always been there for me and I know from this past year always will be. I have learned that just because you are comfortable in life and content with the road you are traveling sometimes it is good to take a detour and see what else is out there - moving from my home state of over 30 years proved just that. And most importantly I've learned to never take for granted what you have because it could all be gone in the blink of an eye - health concerns between myself, my husband and my daughter brought me back to the reality of life is so fragile and precious.

So, for 2009 I thank you for teaching me many life lessons that have helped to mold me into a better person. For 2010, I welcome you with a passion to grow more as a person in order to be the best wife, mother and friend that I can possibly be!

Now that I am done with the mushy stuff..........LOL. One of the ladies over at Scrapbooking Deals 4 U made a post showcasing her favorite layouts from the year 2009 and as I've done my blog surfing the last couple days I've seen quite a few people doing this as well from their top 5, 10 and even 20. Since 2009 didn't bring about a whole lot of scrapbooking for me I want to do a little something similar but include some of my favorite cards as well since that is primarily what I crafted through the year!!

Some of my fav stuff from 2009:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Honestly, I could post a few more but figured 10 (unless I miscounted and that is totally possible LOL) was enough!!!

I want to thank those of you who have followed me and left so many wonderful comments on my work - it all means so much (I know I'm not the "big-time" scrapper who has hundreds of followers but I like where I am at) to me every time I see your comments! I want to thank my true friends and family for being there for me, supporting me and encouraging me in those moments of self doubt - you mean the world to me.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope 2010 is amazing for all of us!!

Thanks for stoppin' by and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!