About Me

My photo
DFW, Texas, United States
I'm the luckiest woman out there. I'm blessed to be married to my best friend. I have two amazing children, one son-in-law and the most adorable grandson ever with grandson number two due February 2013!!! My passion is people and preserving their memories for generations to come.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:

Email me at craf_t_scrapper@yahoo.com

Photobucket Photobucket Scrapbook Design University Certified Instructor Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 25, 2012

I just can't.......

..............seem to keep up!!!!

So most of the year has passed my blog by, not to mention my crafting!!!  I finally decided due to health reasons to quit my job - well, I'm not really quitting, I've agreed to stay on if someone is sick and they need someone last minute or for events they need a little help with, etc.  I really would like to continue working because I totally love being there but my body doesn't seem to like it much so for now, I'm going to stay home.  Well, sorta.  I'm planning on spending lots of time at the lake this summer with my husband and dad, hopefully spend some quality time with my grandson, and go to Georgia to help my daughter and her husband by watching Tyler so they can get settled into their new home.  My SIL's orders are for August 10th report date so it's coming up quick. 

I did get a little crafting done for GASC here in Arlington.  I made these cards to help promote the new paper line that we featured as well as the Magnolia stamps that the store is now carrying!!!  Yep, you heard that right, The Crafty Scrapper is now carrying the adorable Magnolia stamps!!!  Call the store (see the link for info) and get yours now, Carolyn will even ship them to you!!!

Anywho, here are my creations for GASC:




Forgive the poor lighting, I snapped this one at night right after I finished it and forgot to get another shot of it in better lighting.  This is a simple card using Summer Fresh by Simple Stories.  I added some stickles to the sun "beams" and used Chalk White seam binding that I dyed using my TH Distress Stains.  Added a few pearls and a mini butterfly from my MS punch and voila, easy and quick card anyone could make!!!






This next card is my fav, fav, fav!!!!  I'm using the same Summer Fresh papers by Simple Stories and Little Miss Muu Muu (a Magnolia stamps), along with the background stamp from Magnolia (can't remember the name but I think it's Barbwire Fence or something like that) and a couple mini butterflies from the MS punch.  I kept it simple by using more of the seam binding that was dyed with TH Distress Stain and a few pearls.  On the inside I added a computer typed sentiment that said "You're Moo-valeous" - yeah, cheesy I know but I cna't help myself......lol.







This card was kept simple as well.  I used Oceanside by Christine Adolph from Creative Imaginations along with craft cardstock, another Magnolia stamp, pearls, a MS lace punch and some more of that deliciously yummy and totally dyable seam binding - if you haven't tried seam binding and dying it yourself you are so missing out on a fun and easy way to coordinate ribbon with your projects without having to buy yards and yards of ribbon you may or may not ever use.  One type of ribbon and voila, your storage solution is that roll!!! 




How stinkin' cute is this girl??  Really???  This is Tilda with Wiola by Mangolia.  I paired her with papers by Bo Bunny (Little Miss - so fitting for this image) and paper flowers along with a couple stick pins and die cut swirl (TH I think) along with a few gems in the bottom corner.  While I'm not totally thrilled with the coloring of this one I adore the image.  I'm taking this image to the lake with me so I can try a few different coloring techniques on her and see what I can do. 




Again, I apologize for the pic of this last card.  I took this one at night as well and didn't think to get a better shot of it.  I used the new Glory line by Authentique (don't you just freaking love the Authentique papers, I can't get enough of them!!!), another Magnolia image, paper flowers by Prima (again with the love here, I adore prima flowers), star pin by MR that I used a yellow Copic to color, Grungeboard by TH that I cut into a star and swirl (by TH as well) and then painted and covered in TH Distress Crackle Paint to give it some nice texture.  The sentiment was stamped and I think it was from Cloud 9 designs - I have about 6 different sets of Cloud 9 sentiments and I just love them!!!!  I used a little bakers twine (did you know that TCS sells this at 15 cents a yard so you don't have to invest in rolls of different colors just to have a variety on hand, buy a few yards of each color and it'll last you a while!!!  If you do want a roll they also sell them by a few different MFG's in multiple colors) to finish off a die cut from MFT.




OK, that's all for now.  I'm going to attempt to be a better blogger - good luck with that right!!!  I will have some more projects to share with you this week including another wooden frame by Pink Paislee, a mini album that I started in February at a retreat and didn't touch again until last week when I finished it up and hopefully some more cards!!!!

As always, thanks for stoppin' by and leave me a note letting me know you visited!!!  I try to respond to everyone and visit your blogs and also add you to my followed blogs so I can continue to be inspired by everyone!!!!

K-

No comments:

Followers

Just to cover all bases...................

I am not the best scrapper out there. I don't claim to be totally original, I lift from many places and in many forms from color combinations, to product usage, to technique and so forth. I try to be fair to all scrappers out there and mention them when I lift from them - now keep in mind, there are so many people out there scrapping, card making and altering items that naturally more than one person will have similar ideas. When I mention lifting, or casing as some call it, I mean when you intentionally take a design you see and duplicate it exactly or only change up the coloring........KWIM???

With that said..........

All content, including text, photographs, and concept design elements are © Karen Brooks unless otherwise noted. Content within this blog is shared for personal, non-commercial use and inspiration only and shall not be used for personal gain or entry into contests or for publication. That wouldn’t be very nice now would it???

Thanks and happy scrappin'!!!!